|B. E., Material Physics, Shandong University, 2002.09-2006.07|
Ph. D, Condensed Matter Physics, Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2006.09-2012.05
Postdoctoral Fellow, Max Planck Institute for the Structure and Dynamics of Matter, 2012.06-2015.10
Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2015.11-2017.03
Assistant Professor、PI, ShanghaiTech University, 2017.03-Present
|1.With low-temperature and high magnetic field scanning tunneling microscopy (STM), our group studies the electronic states of novel materials, including charge density wave materials, superconductors and topological materials.|
2.By harnessing the power of spin-resolved and time-resolved STM, our group probes spin dynamics of few-atom nanomagnets.
3.Using STM atom manipulation technique, we engineer tens or hundreds of atoms and investigate the emergent quantum collective characteristics.
4.Developing new scanning tunneling spectroscopy methods with which we can probe the ultrafast dynamics of solids at atomic scale.
|(* Corresponding authors)|
1. S. Yan*, L. Malavolti, J. Burgess, A. Droghetti, A. Rubio, and S. Loth*, “Nonlocally Sensing the Magnetic States of Nanoscale Antiferromagnets with an Atomic Spin Sensor” Science Advances 3, e1603137 (2017)
2. S. Yan, D. Iaia, E. Morosan, E. Fradkin, P. Abbamonte, V. Madhavan*, “Influence of Domain Walls in the Incommensurate Charge Density Wave State of Cu Intercalated 1T-TiSe2” Physical Review Letters118, 106405 (2017)
3. S. Yan*, D. Choi, J. A. J. Burgess, S. Rolf-Pissacrczyk and S. Loth*, “Control of Quantum Magnets by Atomic Exchange Bias” Nature Nanotechnology 10, 40-45 (2015)
4. S. Yan*, D. Choi, J. A. J. Burgess, S. Rolf-Pissacrczyk and S. Loth*, “Three-Dimensional Mapping of Single-Atom Magnetic Anisotropy” Nano Letters 15, 1938-1942 (2015)
5.J. Burgess*, L. Malavolti, V. Lanzilotto, M. Mannini, S. Yan, S. Ninova, F. Totti, S. Rolf-Pissarczyk, A. Cornia, R. Sessoli, S. Loth*, “Magnetic Fingerprint of Individual Fe4 Molecular Magnets under Compression by a Scanning Tunneling Microscope” Nature Communications 6, 8216 (2015)
6. S. Yan, Z. Ding, N. Xie, H. Gong, Q. Sun, Y. Guo, X. Shan, S. Meng and X. Lu*, “Turning on and off the Rotational Oscillation of a Single Porphine Molecule by Molecular Charge State” ACS Nano 6, 4132-4136 (2012)
7. S. Yan, N. Xie, H. Gong, Q. Sun, Y. Guo, X. Shan and X. Lu*, “Mapping the Diffusion Potential of a Reconstructed Au(111) Surface at Nanometer Scale with 2D Molecular Gas” Chinese Physics Letters 4, 046803 (2012)
8.R. Wu, Y. Zhang, S. Yan, B. Fei, W. Wang*, X. Bai, X. Lu, J. Zhao* and E. Wang, “Purely Coherent Nonlinear Optical Response in Solution Dispersions of Graphene Sheets” Nano Letters 11, 5159-5164 (2011)