|Prof. Chen received his B.S. degree from University of Science and Technology of China in 2000 and his Ph.D. degree in condensed matter physics from Purdue University in 2007. He worked as a post-doctoral fellow at University of California, San Diego (UCSD) before he moved to the Materials Science Division of Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in 2011. In late 2012, he joined SINAP as a professor on the CAS “100-Talents” project. Since January of 2015, he joined the School of Physical Science and Technology of ShanghaiTech University as an assistant professor、PI.|
|We apply a broad range of X-ray and optical techniques, including X-ray diffraction, scattering and absorption, FTIR, and Raman spectroscopy, to study nanoscale and energy-related materials.|
1. J. Zhang, X. Wang, K. Zhou, G. Chen*, and Q. Wang, “Self-Assembly of Protein Crystals with Different Crystal Structures Using Tobacco Mosaic Virus Coat Protein as a Building Block”, ACS Nano (2018) DOI:10.1021/acsnano.7b08316.
6. L. Wu, Y. Liu, X. Wang, G. Wang, D. Zhao, and G. Chen*, “X-ray standing wave enhanced scattering from mesoporous silica thin films”, Appl. Phys. Lett.110, 041603 (2017).
7. Y. Liu, K. Lan, S. Li, Y. Liu, B. Kong, G. Wang, P. Zhang, R. Wang, H. He, Y. Ling, A. M. Al-Enizi, A. A. Elzatahry, Y. Cao, G. Chen, and D. Zhao, “Constructing Three-Dimensional Mesoporous Bouquet-Posy-like TiO2 Superstructures with Radially Oriented Mesochannels and Single-Crystal Walls”, J. Am. Chem. Soc.139, 517 (2017).
8. H. Li, M. Xie, C. Cui, D. He, M. Gong, J. Jiang, Y. Zheng, G. Chen, Y. Lei, and S. Yu, “Surface Charge Polarization at the Interface: Enhancing the Oxygen Reduction via Precise Synthesis of Heterogeneous Ultrathin Pt/PtTe Nanowire”(cover), Chem. Mater. 28, 8890 (2016).
9. G. Wang, L. Xu, L. Wu, K. Meng, X. Wang, Z. Liu, C. Fan, and G. Chen*, “X-ray and optical characterizations of DNA-mediated Janus nanostructures”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 109, 233101 (2016).
10. K. Meng, G. Shan, L. Wu, G. Wang, X. Liu, G. Chen, Z. Liu, and G. Chen*, “Two-Dimensional Organic-Inorganic Hybrid Perovskite Photonic Films”, Nano Lett.16, 4166 (2016).
11. L. Xu, G. Wang, J. Shen, H. Geng, W. Li, L. Wu, G. Shan, J. Wang, L. Wang, C. Fan, and G. Chen*, “Structural and optical control of DNA-mediated Janus plasmonic nanostructures”, Nanoscale8, 9337 (2016).
12. W. Li, G. Wang, X. Zhang, H. Geng, J. Shen, L. Wang, J. Zhao, L. Xu, L. Zhang, Y. Wu, R. Tai, and G. Chen*, “Geometrical and morphological optimizations of plasmonic nanoarrays for high-performance SERS detection”, Nanoscale7, 15487 (2015).
13. K. Meng, G. Chen*, and K. Thampi, “Metal chalcogenides as counter electrode materials in quantum dot sensitized solar cells: a perspective”, J. Mater. Chem. A 3, 23074 (2015).
14. Y. Liu, R. Che, G. Chen, J. Fan, Z. Sun, Z. Wu, M. Wang, B. Li, J. Wei, Y. Wei, G. Wang, G. Guan, A. Elzatahry, A. Bagabas, A. Al-Enizi, Y. Deng, H. Peng, and D. Zhao, “Radially oriented mesoporous TiO2 microspheres with single-crystal-like anatase walls for high-efficiency optoelectronic devices”, Science Advances1, e1500166 (2015).
15. J. Shen, L. Xu, C. Wang, H. Pei, R. Tai, S. Song, Q. Huang, C. Fan, and G. Chen*, “Dynamic and Quantitative Control of the DNA-Mediated Growth of Gold Plasmonic Nanostructures”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed.53, 8338 (2014).
16. X. Liu, X. Chen, J. Wang, G. Chen*, and H. Zhang, “Hydrogen-Bonded Polymers with Bent-Shaped Side Chains and Poly(4-vinylpridine) Backbone: Phase Behavior and Thin Film Morphologies”, Macromolecules47, 3917 (2014).
17. L. Gomez et al. (LCLS project), “Shapes and vorticities of superfluid helium nanodroplets”, Science345, 906 (2014).
18. G. Chen*, P. H. Zwart, and D. Li, “Component Particle Structure in Heterogeneous Disordered Ensembles Extracted from High-Throughput Fluctuation X-Ray Scattering”, Phys. Rev. Lett.110, 195501 (2013).
19. G. Chen, I. Miotkowski, and A. K. Ramdas, “Lyman spectra of holes bound to Cu, Ag, and Au acceptors in ZnTe and CdTe”, Phys. Rev. B85, 165210 (2012).
20. G. Chen, M. Modestino, B. Poon, A. Schirotzek, S. Marchesini, R. Segalman, A. Hexemer, and P. Zwart, “Structure determination of Pt-coated Au dumbbells via fluctuation X-ray scattering”, J. Synchrotron Rad.19, 695 (2012).
21. L. Tayebi, Y. Ma, D. Vashaee, G. Chen, S. Sinha, and A. Parikh, “Long-range interlayer alignment of intralayer domains in stacked lipid bilayers”(cover), Nature Mater.11, 1074 (2012).
22. G. Chen, J. S. Bhosale, I. Miotkowski, and A. K. Ramdas, “Spectroscopic signatures of novel oxygen-defect complexes in stoichiometrically controlled CdSe”, Phys. Rev. Lett.101, 195502 (2008).
23. G. Chen, I. Miotkowski, S. Rodriguez, and A. K. Ramdas, “Stoichiometry driven impurity configurations in compound semiconductors”, Phys. Rev. Lett.96, 035508 (2006).