|2005.09-2009.06, B.S. in Applied Physics, Nankai University|
2009.08-2010.08, Ph.D. student in Physics, The University of Arizona
2010.09-2013.09, Ph.D. in Materials Science and Engineering, Boston University
2013.09-2014.09, Postdoctoral Research Associate, Boston University
2014.09-2017.09, Postdoctoral Fellow, Harvard University
2017.11-Present, Assistant Professor, PI, ShanghaiTech University
|My research emphasis is on novel electrochemical materials and processes for (1) the production of energy-intensive metals, alloys, metal sulfides, and various gases as electrochemical energy carriers, and (2) the separation and recovery of rare-earth elements.|
|1. X. Guan, B.C. Enalls, D.R. Clarke, and P. Girguis, “Iron Sulfide Formation on Iron Substrates by Electrochemical Reaction in Anoxic Conditions”, Crystal Growth & Design, accepted, (2017).|
2. X. Guan, J. Jiang, J. Lattimer, M. Tsuchiya, C. Friend, and S. Ramanathan, “Hydride-Based Solid Oxide Fuel Cell-Battery Hybrid Electrochemical System”, Energy Technology, 5 (4), 616-622, (2017).
3.Y. Zhou, X. Guan, H. Zhou, K. Ramadoss, S. Adam, H. Liu, S. Lee, J. Shi, M. Tsuchiya, D.D. Fong, and S. Ramanathan, “Strongly Correlated Perovskite Fuel Cells”, Nature, 534, 231-234 (2016).
4. X. Guan, U.B. Pal, Y. Jiang, and S. Su, “Clean Metals Production by Solid Oxide Membrane Electrolysis Process”, Journal of Sustainable Metallurgy, 2 (2), 152-166 (2016). (Featured as Cover Article)
5. X. Guan, U.B. Pal, and A.C. Powell, “Environmentally Friendly Solid Oxide Membrane Electrolysis Process for Magnesium Oxide Reduction: Experiment and Modeling”, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions E, 1 (2), 132-144 (2014).
6. X. Guan, U.B. Pal, S. Gopalan, and A.C. Powell, LSM (La0.8Sr0.2MnO3-δ)–Inconel Inert Anode Current Collector for Solid Oxide Membrane Electrolysis, Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 160 (11), F1179-F1186 (2013).
7. X. Guan, U.B. Pal, P.A. Zink and A.C. Powell, Recycling of Magnesium Alloy Employing Refining and Solid-Oxide-Membrane (SOM) Electrolysis, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B, 44 (2), 261-271 (2013).