|Sept. 2000 – June 2004: BS, Department of Chemistry, Changchun Normal University, China.|
Sept. 2004 – June 2007: MS, Department of Chemistry, Jilin University, China.
Sept. 2007 – April 2012: PhD, Department of Chemistry, University of Calgary, Canada.
June 2012 – Jan. 2016: Postdoctoral Fellow, advised by Prof. Lynn Loo, Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Princeton Center for Complex Materials, Princeton University, USA
Feb. 2016 – Jan. 2017: Postdoctoral Fellow, advised by Prof. Frieder J?kle, Department of Chemistry, Rutgers University, USA
Feb. 2017 – Dec. 2017: Postdoctoral Fellow, advised by Prof. Harry R. Allcock, Department of Chemistry, Pennsylvania State University, USA
Jan. 2018-present: Assistant Professor, PI, School of Physical Science and Technology, ShanghaiTech University, China
|We will utilize new main-group chemistry to construct new optoelectronic materials, and explore their potential functionalities in optoelectronic devices. The main research themes: (1) Design and synthesize “B, N, P, and S” containing functional materials. (2) Explore the structure – property – functionality relationships of the materials, shed light on the main-group elements affects, and improve their properties and functionalities. (3) Harness “main-group chemistry” to build self-assembled hybrid materials in optoelectronic devices.|
|1. p-π Conjugated Polymers Based on Stable Triarylborane with n-Type Behavior in Optoelectronic Devices; B. Meng, Y. Ren, J. Liu, F. J?kle, L. Wang, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed.2017, DOI 10.1002/ange.201712598.|
2. Pyridalthiadiazole Acceptor-Functionalized Triarylboranes with Multi-Responsive Optoelectronic Characteristics; X. Yin,# K. Liu,# Y. Ren, R. A. Lalancette, Y.-L. Loo, F. J?kle, Chem. Sci.2017, 8, 5497.
3. Merging Thiophene with Boron: New Building Blocks for Conjugated Materials; Y. Ren, F. J?kle, Dalton Trans.2016, 45, 13996.
4. Cooperative Self-Assembly of Phosphole-Lipids and SWCNTs; Y. Ren, J. Gao, A. Hailey, T. Baumgartner, Y.-L. Loo, Chem. Mater. 2016, 28, 8407.
5. [d]-Carbond-Carbon Double Bond Engineering in Diazaphosphepines: Modulating the Chemical and Electronic Structures of Heteropines; Y. Ren, M. Sezen, F. Gao, F. J?kle, Y.-L. Loo, Chem. Sci. 2016, 7, 4211.
6. Self-Assembly of Axially Functionalized Subpthalocyanines in Thin Films; Y. Ren, A. M. Hiszpanski, Y.-L. Loo, Chem. Mater.2015, 27, 4008.
7. Isoindigo-Containing Small Molecules for Organic Solar Cells: Effect of Backbone Extension on Photophysics, Molecular Organization, and Device Performance; Y. Ren, A. Hailey, A. M. Hiszpanski, Y.-L. Loo, Chem. Mater.2014, 26, 6570.
8. Bio-inspired Phosphole-Lipids: From Highly Fluorescent Organogels to Mechanically Responsive FRET; Y. Ren, W. H. Kan, V. Thangadurai, T. Baumgartner, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed.2012, 51, 3964.
9. External-Stimuli Responsive Photophysics and Liquid Crystal Properties of Self-Assembled “Phosphole-Lipids”; Y. Ren, W. H. Kan, M. A. Henderson, P. G. Bomben, C. P. Berlinguette, V. Thangadurai, T. Baumgartner, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 17014.
10. Dually Switchable Heterotetracenes: Addressing the Photophysical Properties and Self-Organization of the P-S System; Y. Ren, T. Baumgartner, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 1328.